The children are at the centre of everything that we do. As a learning community, we believe that all children are of equal importance and they deserve equal access to a broad, balanced curriculum in a stimulating learning environment. This promotes active learning, lively enquiring minds and the ability to question. We believe that high self-esteem, self-confidence and happiness are central to our success as we continuously challenge ourselves to achieve the highest standards.
THE AIMS OF WOOD END SCHOOL
‘Learning Together, Respecting Each Other’
- Provide high quality and stimulating teaching that challenges and motivates the children
- Provide an ambitious and successfully adapted curriculum, designed and developed for all pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities and disadvantaged pupils, that is relevant to the 21st century and which promotes academic, physical, creative, social, emotional and spiritual development
- Enhances all pupil’s knowledge, skills and understanding across all subjects with a cross curricular approach, providing pupils with outstanding skills in reading, writing and mathematics, which form the cornerstone of lifelong learning.
- Help children to develop high self-esteem and self-motivation so that there is enthusiasm for learning and appropriate expectations of themselves and others, both academically and socially
- Encourage children to persevere in the face of difficulties and to make informed choices by developing their sense of personal responsibility, self-discipline and independence
- Develop our children to be valued contributors to society and to recognise the value of others
- Encourage exemplary manners, the development of positive social relationships, tolerance and respect for all members of the school and wider community
- Promote open and two-way relationships between school, home and the wider community to benefit all.
Wood End Learner Traits
Wood End School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.