Welcome to our Nursery page
Our teacher is Miss Cotton
Tapestry - Please click on 'Tapestry' to follow the link to view your child's portfolio. Quick link button also available from our Home Page. For further information please view the Welcome Presentation pgs 24 & 25 above.
Please find the link to the animation here :- https://youtu.be/7RoTkp3vkB0
Video from Mr Boulton, Mrs Smart and Miss Cotton to welcome you to Wood End School
Coronavirus: Time Capsules and A Book for Children
In the future, people will look back on the events of 2020 as a historical topic. To help you and your families record how lockdown affected you and your daily routines we thought we would share this time capsule booklet with you. There are two editions, one for the children and one for adults, we thought it would be a lovely opportunity for you to sit and discuss what is going on in the world at the moment as a family. We have also included a pdf called ‘Coronavirus: A book for children’ which may help you to answer some of the questions that we are sure the children have.
Week 14 Home Learning - 13.07.20
- Letters and Sounds Phase 1 games
- CVC wordsearch mixed sounds.pdf
- Phase-2 caption building image and word cards-.pdf
- Phase 2 captions
- Letters and Sounds Phase 2 games
- Pirates Phase 2 tricky word activity booklet
- I See Maths website
- Dot to Dots 1-20
- 1 more and 1 less
- Make your own 2-step and 3-step patterns
- Choose 3 different containers - which one will hold the most water? Which will hold the least?
- Choose your favourite 2D and 3D shape. Why is it your favourite shape?
Other activities to explore
- End of the Year memories
- Design your own pirate flag
- Pirate colouring
- Dinosaur pattern tracing
- The -Very-Hungry-Caterpillar-Colouring-Sheets.pdf
Parents and carers,
Due to school closure we are providing a range of learning resources for children to access at home. It would be useful if your child could spend some time each day on English, Maths and Reading whilst also remaining active.
Teachers will be uploading links and resources regularly so please continue to check the class page each Monday.
Please keep in touch with us via Tapestry. We are really enjoying seeing your home learning and what you are getting up to.
We are also keeping in touch with you with replies and videos. We are aiming to send you 9 videos a week from all the Early Years staff. So far we have posted stories and nursery rhymes and have just begun to set you some fun and lighthearted challenges.
Routine Daily Tasks
- Read daily, both hearing your child read and reading for pleasure/ sharing a story.
- Practise developing fine motor skills, through Dough Disco, Squiggle Whilst You Wiggle or picking up small objects using a pincer motion.
- Talk about something positive from your day.
Week 12 Home Learning - 29.06.2020
- The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson.
- BBC version of The Snail and the Whale
- Dear Greenpeace by Simon James
- High Frequency Words
- Can you spot any of these words in books?
- Explore the sounds.
- Play the Jump to Segment game.
- Also include /s/a/t/p/i/n/m/d/g/o/c/k/ck/ e/u/r/h/b/f/ ff/ l/ ll/ ss/.
- Can you make some real and alien words?
- Choose your favourite amount between 1 and 10.
- Can you make this amount in a variety of different ways?
Look back through Tapestry. What has been your favourite part of this year?
Other Activities to Explore...
Music and Art
Live Streaming of Zoos and Museums
Last week's Tapestry Challenges
Understanding the World
Keeping in touch with relatives
It also might be nice for your child to write a letter or a card to a relative they are perhaps unable to visit at the moment. Or you can help them learn about technology through email, Skype, WhatsApp for example. Please remember E-safety rules.
To separate each of your sessions at home, you might want to include some brain breaks. Reception children are used to these and can be found on Youtube if you search ‘brain breaks for kids’. The children have done ones such as “Shake your sillies out”, “the Penguin song” and “Wake up Shake up”. They are also used to doing yoga sessions called “Cosmic Kids Yoga”. Even simple breathing techniques of a deep breath in through their mouth and long “rainbow breaths” out through their mouth will help calm them.
Websites to use:
- https://www.Hungrylittleminds.campain.gov.uk Information for parent with children under 5.
Nursery Christmas Celebration - Wednesday 4th December 2019
Our Nursery children performed a number of Christmas songs to their parents on Wednesday. They sang beautifully and we are very proud of them in this, their first performance.
Please find listed below documents providing information about Letters and Sounds as taught in the Foundation Stage:
|CBeebies site. Stories to share and lots more!|