Can you lend a hand?
We really need some more volunteers to come forward and organise and coordinate some more events in 2019/2020. Responsibilities can be shared over a team of people and we have lots of past knowledge to share and can provide plenty of support.
Even if you don't feel able to coordinate an event; have a chat with us and see what you could do. Have a look at our news and dates page to see what is planned - we would love to hear from you!
The PTA is looking to recruit an additional Treasurer.
The role would create a job-share with another Treasurer and would be fully supported by the other PTA Trustees. Responsibilities can be agreed between the two Treasurers but we see some key tasks for this Treasurer to be:
- Ordering and collecting floats from the bank for PTA events (such as Christmas and Summer fairs, 2ndhand uniform sales, Quiz night etc.),
- Counting then banking cash and cheques after events
Between the 2 Treasurer roles there would also be the management of the online ticketing system for the children’s events (Disco, Movie Night and Fun Run) and administration of commission income.
The other Treasurer role would cover keeping the books and expenses/payments; so a finance background is not essential for this role. If you are interested in the role or would like to find out more about it then please speak to any of the PTA Trustees at school or e-mail us at PTA@woodend.herts.sch.uk
Do you have a great fundraising idea you'd like to run / be involved in?
- Perhaps you could help serve refreshments at the next Fun Run or Sports Day.
- Do you have a printer along with a laminator and could put up posters at the school gates for us in the run up to events?
- The PTA Container needs a little tidy up and stock check from time to time, could you be an extra pair of hands?
- Extra hands to help with second hand uniform sales