Can you lend a hand?
We really need some more volunteers to come forward and organise and coordinate some events in 2020. Responsibilities can be shared over a team of people and we have lots of past knowledge to share and can provide plenty of support.
Even if you don't feel able to coordinate an event; have a chat with us and see what you could do. Have a look at our news and dates page to see what is planned - we would love to hear from you!
- Compliance Officer / Additional Trustee: We have previously had a "Compliance Officer" as one of the Trustees, this role is currently vacant. We can make the role to fit as needed; it could include helping manage our relationships with external organisations such as the Charity Commission and Parentkind and help us manage our obligations for events and activities. No previous experience is required, just a willingness to support the school, the PTA and our activities.
- The Children's Disco has been another very popular event, and the current lead (Kirstin) would be available to work with a new team to organise the next one. This would involve agreeing a date with the school, arranging for a DJ, organising snacks for the tuck shop, managing volunteer rotas, and working with one of the PTA Trustees to manage the tickets. This event is lots of fun for everyone and lots of volunteers do help out, a few people are just needed to lead and coordinate all the tasks.
- Could you help serve refreshments at the next Fun Run or Sports Day?
- Do you have a printer along with a laminator and could put up posters at the school gates for us in the run up to events?
- The PTA Container needs a little tidy up and stock check from time to time, could you be an extra pair of hands?
- Extra hands to help with second hand uniform sales (sorting and setting out stock, packing away after) are very appreciated.
Do you have a great fundraising idea you'd like to run / be involved in? Big or small - please get involved!